If you've got 30 minutes and 6 basic ingredients, you can shower your pals with toasty, coconutty, chocolatey love. I don't suggest saying that to them directly, though. It's a little weird.
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut (not shredded!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag chocolate chips (semisweet or dark)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size. Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Either dip your macaroons directly into the chocolate or transfer it to a plastic bag and snip off one tip for drizzling. Chill until set.